Wednesday, January 2, 2008

No Sympathy

I tell the same story over and over again...
Every telling just brings with it more pain...

But I don't want anyone's sympathy,
I am interested in no one's pity,
As it changes absolutely nothing,
It can't change the one thing,
That separates us altogether,
That splits us forever and ever...

Inside, I feel terribly hollow,
This is a bitter pill to swallow,
Split by distance, not by hate,
We shouldn't have met this fate,
A month is too short a time,
For years and years you should've been mine...

This choice was made against our will,
Ever reversing it looks like nil,
The rain that night matched my mood,
After watching you leave I began to brood,
I remember the brief good times that we shared,
I remember the feelings for each other that were bared...

And I know that we never should've ended this way,
Trying to get over you sends me into dismay,
But still I don't want anyone's sympathy,
I am interested in no one's pity,
Because for mercy, life makes no room,
It just leaves you with an impending sense of doom...

Making it a struggle for you to move on...
Because you've lost the joy of life's song...

No comments:

Post a Comment