Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Parting

My forced departure reduces me to weeping,
We sleep miles apart instead of cuddling,
I'm forced to swap the peacefulness of the country,
For the busy and smoky inner city,
I'm forced to swap the warmth of your arms,
For the coldness of loneliness and shrilling alarms...

In the morning, we cuddled until the afternoon,
In the evening, we were separated far too soon,
The calling of home can't be ignored any longer,
But by the day my love of the country grows ever stronger,
It feels so much more like my home now,
In your eyes are where my heart belongs now...

They are brown and brown is for beauty,
In my mind it is my duty,
To be by your side, never-sleeping,
Ever awake, waiting, watching,
Ever awake, always protecting,
While you sleep on, never suspecting...

But the bustling city calls me home,
Miles away from you, where I'm all alone,
From home I cannot fulfil my duty,
From home I can't gaze upon and protect your beauty,
The train sits in the station waiting,
We hold each other tightly, all the time fretting...

We know now that parting really is sweet sorrow...
So let us kiss now like there's no tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment