Friday, February 23, 2007

The Tricycle, the Bee and my Knee

I am an innocent six year old,
Laughing and playing,
Without a care in the world,
Just enjoying life.

I am staying in my granny's house,
She spoils me rotten,
She always gives me money and sweets,
How lucky am I!?

I decide to go out to the back garden,
As I want to cycle my tricycle,
But as I cycle along the path,
I fall over and into the grass.

It's quite funny at first,
The sun is shining and the weather is warm,
But I suddenly feel this pain in my knee,
I look down and see a black and yellow bee.

The bee had stung me!
The pain was incredible,
Like a burning sensation in my knee,
But my granny comes to my rescue.

She rubs a special cream on the sting,
Tears roll down my eyes,
But then she promises me a brand new toy,
For being such a brave little boy!

I look up at her with joy,
My tears begin to disappear,
They are replaced instead by a large grin,
Which got even larger when I got my new toy!

No comments:

Post a Comment