Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Happiness

Happiness is a truly wonderful thing,
It can be found in almost any place,
From the richest of estates,
To the poorest slums,
It is always just around the corner.

The rich man says he is happy,
But sometimes so do the poor,
As they are happy for what they have,
Their family and friends,
Money doesn't always make you happy,
But some people still think money guarantees happiness.

Anything can make you happy,
Whether it be winning the lottery,
Or helping others,
Going on a family holiday,
Or being with your friends,
Happiness is always only a small step away.

Some people find happiness in solitude,
But, more often then not, it's found in another person,
In the one you love,
As nothing can make you more happy,
Then finding the one you wish to spend your life with,
Even if you know you can't have them.

Personally, I find happiness in writing,
Since, through this, I can express my emotions to others,
Whether I am angry and sad,
Or lonely and regretful,
My pen can release these emotions onto a page,
And keep me from bottling them up inside of me.

This particular poem is about happiness,
Possibly the strongest of all human emotions,
As anger and sadness will pass with time,
While happiness will always remain,
Just as the sun will always see the day
And just like the way she will always be in my heart.

So come my friends and follow me around the corner,
Let us away and take the one step to happiness, like the rest of them have,
Like all those who have already filled their hearts with joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment