Saturday, March 31, 2007

Inspiration

It is amazing how inspiration works,
Events of enormous magnitude can inspire,
But so can things that seem trivial,
Things considered unimportant by most,
But are important to the one that matters,
The one holding the pen!
Today, I read the poetry of a fellow writer,
No combination of words are fit to describe it,
It is the best I have ever read,
And I include all the big name poets in saying that,
Plath, Yeats, Bishop,
In my eyes,
This persons work is better than them all!
His work inspired me to write this,
To try and compare myself to him,
Even though I already know,
In my heart of hearts,
That there is no comparison to be made.
I am overjoyed to have seen his work,
But I am sad to have seen it too,
As I don't think I can ever match it,
But that doesn't mean I won't try,
I shall continue writing,
And so shall he,
And we shall take inspiration from the biggest of events,
As well as the smallest,
As inspiration can be found in all corners of the globe,
Even in another poet’s writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment