Monday, April 2, 2007

Judgement Day

I am shaking with nerves,
My work has been passed on for judgment,
I fear what they will say,
I fear their criticisms,
Even though they can only help me.

The work has been passed onto friends,
That should offer me encouragement, but it doesn't,
It only makes me more nervous,
I fear they won't think it's good enough,
For their high standards.

I am summoned by them,
Judgment day is upon me,
I drop my suitcase on the way in,
My face turns bright red as I pick it up,
I have made a fool of myself.

They laugh,
Typical of him, they say,
I fidget with my tie while looking at them,
Nervously awaiting their verdict,
Their faces give nothing away...

Until they smile,
And say they think it's good!
My joy knew no boundaries,
It was beyond any over the top celebration.
I actually burst into tears!

No comments:

Post a Comment