Monday, June 4, 2007

Hits

"Life's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep going." - Rocky Balboa

Truer words have never been spoken,
But I have started to doubt myself,
Doubting how many more times I can get hit,
Before I receive the knockout blow.

It feels like my heart has been stamped on,
And smashed into smithereens,
By people who don't even realise they've done it,
And aren't even capable of doing it.

Yet I hear stories of other peoples troubles,
And realise that I don't know REAL pain,
While doubting if I've ever even taken a real hit,
Like those received by my friends.

I know that I merely exaggerate my feelings,
Believing them to be gut-wrenching,
When the fact of the matter is,
I have no right to even THINK that.

The supposed blows I've taken,
Are merely slaps that could've been delivered by an infant,
Whereas, the hits others I know have received,
Could have proved fatal...

Only for the strength and courage that they possess,
Strength and courage that I admire,
As well as envy,
As I would love to have the strength and courage...

To stand up and take the hits my friends don't deserve to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment