Saturday, June 23, 2007

The End of an Era

The graduation is finished,
Secondary school is over,
The class have all hit the bottle,
Celebrating the end of their sentence,
But I am not happy,
That my term is over,
As I now fear
That the security blanket school provided
Has been ripped from my grasp
All too prematurely.
My age suggests I'm ready to leave,
But mentally I don't feel ready at all,
I'll miss the routine that school gave to me,
I'll miss the help that the teachers offered,
I'll miss the students of all the other years,
But, most of all,
I'll miss the friendships that have been formed.
Even though they seem all too rare,
The ones that have been made,
Are very special to me,
And I am really upset now,
As I know I won't see the majority of my class,
Ever again,
Although I know that this sadness,
Is only shared by a rare few...

For me,
It is the end of an era,
But now I am wondering,
Could it be the beginning of a new one?

No comments:

Post a Comment