Friday, October 5, 2007

Life

Life seems really annoyed right now,
Everywhere I turn nowadays,
One of my closet friends is in moral peril,
The problems they face,
Do not reflect their own actions,
And the things that are befalling them,
Destroy the theory of the existence of Karma...

All their problems are different,
Yet they are all uniquely serious,
With the same inevitable outcome,
Whether it be boyfriend or girlfriend trouble,
Or a son's father in terrible agony,
The outcome is agonising worry,
With the potential to end in devastating heartbreak...

It's times like this I realise my good fortune,
It's also times like this I feel useless,
As the only thing I can do in this situation,
Is to try and put a comforting arm around my friends,
And insist that everything's going to be ok,
When the fact is I haven't a clue how everything will turn out,
As life is good at concealing its true intentions...

No comments:

Post a Comment