Friday, October 19, 2007

Moving On

Is there someone out there who can read my mind?
Is there someone out there waiting to become mine?

My heart, afterall, is there for the taking,
Its constant breaking is just all my own making...

Alot of people have stolen my heart,
Yet, they always seem to drop it, smashing it apart...

They never seem to realise the bonds my heart makes,
Never seem to realise until it is too late...

Those bonds are my greatest weakness,
Becoming attached so easily lacks all sleekness...

One such bond nearly ruined a valuable friendship...
She forgave me, thankfully, but it left my heart with a massive rip...

I've never fully recovered from my foolish mistake,
Bridges needed to be repaired, now that friendship's like a beautiful lake...

However, my heart still continues to fall into traps,
Laid out so cunningly, to avoid them I'd need maps...

For the heart is like a maze, always deceiving,
It can put you in a daze, but I can't ever stop believing...

There is someone out there for me, there has to be,
And I will wait forever if I have to, just so 'I' becomes 'we'...

In one another’s arms, we will hold each other,
Our eyes will meet in a loving gaze toward one another...

This is where I begin to look forwards,
And stop all this nonsense of looking backwards...

Life is not lived in the past, that's the lesson I have learned,
Life moves too fast to dwell on opportunities long spurned...

This is where I stand up and face the earth,
With a broad smile in glorious mirth...

No comments:

Post a Comment