Friday, October 26, 2007

No Name

Everything has suddenly collapsed around me,
My life had been the happiest I'd ever known it,
Within hours though,
I'm the lowest I have ever been,
The girl I like and my best friend,
Are both ignoring me blatantly...

It hurts so much,
Like a knife in my chest,
Talking to the girl I like,
Was like trying to draw poison from a wound,
While talking to my best friend,
Well,
No words were even exchanged,
Mine were met with no reply...

I feel isolated from them,
I feel nothing but hatred directed toward me,
I feel dead inside,
All I can hear now is that little voice,
The voice that always crawls out from the depths of my mind,
Just to laugh at me in times of trouble...

The voice constantly mocks me,
He knows I've been tricked again,
You should trust no one, he says,
You will only end up getting hurt...

The more that little voice speaks,
The more I realise I deserve this,
I deserve this horrendous pain coursing through me,
Because I had it too good for too long,
So much so, I forgot my own creed,
That, for all the good times you have,
There's always bad ones waiting for you,
Waiting to drag you back down,
And devour you whole...

Why is life so hard?
Why do I react so badly to things gone wrong?
Am I too weak?
Am I too sensitive to live in this world,
Where people hurt each other ruthlessly, daily?
They say it's survival of the toughest,
I've never been tough,
How can I survive?

It's times like this,
I would turn to my best friend,
But she is ignoring me now,
I've pushed her too far,
My tears mean nothing now,
I can cry all I want,
She won't help me anymore...

This low is too low,
I'm too far down to get back up,
I had it too good for too long,
I wasn't prepared for this overwhelming pain,
Life has beaten me,
Life has won...

It's over...

No comments:

Post a Comment