Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Same Old, Same Old

Different person,
Same story,
Once again I'm shot down,
Once again my kindness,
Has awarded me with another friend,
But with nothing more...

The question is asked,
Where were you?
You flick your hair,
Tilt your head,
Give a wry smile,
And with a knowing glance toward me,
You say,
Nowhere...
While the lad beside you grins guiltily...

Once again I find myself asking the same questions,
If I'm so nice,
Why don't people LIKE me?
Why is it when I pour my heart out,
I get nothing back?
Why do I get so attached to people?
Why is it always the arrogant, ignorant ones,
Get the girl,
While my heart continuously misleads itself?

Maybe I should become arrogant and ignorant,
In the hope that the opposite sex,
Follows the theory of the move,
And sees through it all,
Finding some wayward genius,
That she can fall in love with,
Maybe then I'll be happy...

No comments:

Post a Comment