Sunday, October 7, 2007

Still Haven't Learned

That look in your eye,
That bright spark,
That excited look you once gave me,
Once made me incredibly happy,
But not anymore,
As now it's reserved for another,
Someone whose name being merely spoken,
Causes your eyes to cloud over with delight,
While any mention of mine,
Barely brings a nod of recognition from you,
Showing how your feelings toward me have changed...

I don't even know why I'm hurting,
I don't even know you that long,
But once again my heart has shown its weakness,
Its tendency to get far too attached,
To people that I know I can't have,
I just wish I would learn from the past,
Learn to control my heart's cravings,
But it looks like this lesson will never be learned,
Not unless I become completely heartless,
And start to hate life and everything in it...

That doesn't sound like a bad idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment