Saturday, November 24, 2007

Caught in the Middle

Both are good friends of mine,
To see them both this upset,
With nothing but tears of frustration pouring from their eyes,
Causes tears to well in my own eyes,
It causes heartbreak that's hard to take...

They have been together for a long time now,
Maybe that's the root of the problem,
But the loss of a leader from his life,
Doesn't help matters at all,
She cries her tears constantly...

They both come to me, wondering what to do,
This isn't some meaningless adolescent fling,
This is a serious relationship in a delicate situation,
She wants to keep him for ever and ever,
She needs him...

But his feelings are completely different,
He tells me of his inconsiderateness,
Of how he cares only for himself,
Yet, after all that has happened in recent times,
I wouldn't begrudge him his time alone...

He says all he wants is to run away,
Run away to a place where he can never be found,
To a place where neither sight nor sound,
Can be seen or heard by anyone,
For miles around...

They seek help and I would give it to them,
Only I'm not really sure what to say,
All I want is for everything to be ok,
All I want is for all those tears to stop,
All I want is to be pulled from the middle...

Because, once I am, it means it will all be over...
For better or for worse...

No comments:

Post a Comment