Saturday, November 17, 2007

Ups and Downs

The ups and downs of my heart are very frequent,
But the breakneck speed at which my heart rose this time,
And the breakneck speed at which it was brought crashing back down again,
Astounds even me who expects these ups and downs to be painful...

We chatted the night away on the fifth night,
My heart got carried away with itself and soared into the night sky,
Then on the sixth night you were kissing the lips of another,
My heart crashed back down as if it had been shot...

I know how easily I become attached to people,
I know that this will result in heartbreak most of the time,
But the speed of this most recent up and down,
Makes me wonder if I should bother at all...

Makes me wonder if someone I like will ever like me back...

No comments:

Post a Comment