Saturday, January 19, 2008

No Longer Blinded

In recent times my selfishness has shone through,
Circumstances forced us apart,
And I blamed everything else but them,
I took my frustrations out on everything around me,
I want you even though I can't have you,
And I haven't been shy in hiding that...

This only makes things harder for you,
Your life is everywhere except where it should be,
Me reminding you of old troubles doesn't help,
Instead of making you smile your glorious smile,
I add unnecessary burdens to your already heavy load,
Making it harder for you to carry them...

Everyone's sympathy has been given to me,
Everyone has been trying to help me move on,
But the truth is I haven't been trying at all,
I have been clinging onto memories long gone,
Trying in vain to live them over and over again,
All that did was remind me of reality...

A reality where only one thing matters to me,
No longer does my selfishness blind my judgement,
No longer does my selfishness cloud my sense of what's right,
Now that I can see, all I want is for you to live your life,
I want you to find someone that circumstances doesn't affect,
I want everything to start going right for you...

Because you've enough burdens to carry already,
Without me adding to them,
If anyone deserves to smile brightly and be happy, it's you,
And I hope that someday soon you'll show that wonderful smile,
And find the happiness you deserve so much,
Right in your own hometown...

In your beloved Galway...

No comments:

Post a Comment