Saturday, February 2, 2008

Empty Tears

Tears stream down your face,
On the surface, you're upset,
But a sly glint in your eye,
Tells a completely different story,
Your eyes are a gateway to your soul,
And right now they're telling me,
That your soul is lying to me...

The tears continue to flow relentlessly,
You make a lot of terrible claims,
You claim devastating loss and pain has befallen you,
But your reputation as a compulsive liar follows you,
And makes it hard to believe a word you say,
Making me wonder to myself,
Are those tears just empty?

I don't want to believe you'd lie about things like this,
But others feelings put doubts in my head,
All the while, your tears keep flowing,
Just like the lashing rain outside,
Yet still I doubt their authenticity,
I've always been a fool for eyes,
And while your eyes tell me you’re lying...

They also tell me you're not lying...
I can't tell whether or not they're empty tears...

No comments:

Post a Comment