Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Fading Smile

When I smile, I’m merely in denial,
I smile when I’m in emotional exile,
The only true smile is that of a child,
Adult smiles are completely defiled…

Confusion circles my brain,
Muddled thoughts are a ball and chain,
Hiding behind my smile, I’m safe,
Until I’m overcome by a lack of faith…

Turning, turning, constantly looking,
For help that just isn’t coming,
Retreating, retreating, back under the covers,
Sleepless, just like children’s mothers…

Everything seems so threatening now,
I’m told to keep the faith, but how?
Nothing makes sense anymore,
Everything is falling into evermore…

But still I continue to smile,
Everyone thinks I’m happy, when I’m in denial,
Non-existent pressure is destroying my mind,
My personality is fast becoming unkind…

Consideration and logic are fading fast…
I don’t know how much longer my smile can last...

No comments:

Post a Comment