Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Cat's Meow

Walking home, in a confused daze,
Staring afar with the million mile gaze,
Life in the present has faded away,
Wondering about the future beyond today,
Suddenly brought back to the here and now,
By a wailing cat's piercing meow...

Standing outside my broken gate,
Thinking about the offerings of fate,
When the cat unleashed its screech,
It sucked from my soul like a leech,
It carried a sense of plea in its cry,
The wailing rose high into the sky...

Lost amidst all the other ignored pleas in the universe,
Ignorance to the helpless is humankind's one great curse,
I'm showing this curse right now,
By ignoring the cat's wailing meow,
It's clearly in serious distress,
And, to be honest, I couldn't care less...

My heartlessness means all I want is a pillow under my head,
My tiredness means I don't care if the cat's dead,
While it does seem like a sign of reality,
I don't want to find out its relation to me,
All I want to is sleep away everything around,
All I want is to ignore all the disturbing sounds...

The cat's screech is so easy to ignore...
Searching for a reason doesn't matter anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment