Thursday, May 15, 2008

A Gaping Hole

I know why I’m so empty inside now,
I know why I’m so confused,
In a way, I’ve always known,
I have just wanted to ignore it,
Hoping that, if I did thought it wasn’t true,
It would go away and never come back…

My first relationship has robbed me
Of something I once used far too often,
It has robbed me of my heart,
She didn’t meant it,
Nor did I,
But I put so much into us…

That when the time came for us to end…
I had nothing left to share with anyone else…

Now my chest has a gaping hole in it,
My heart is missing and not coming back,
To everyone, I am just a heartless person now,
Just like every other desperate man on the planet,
Looking to use and abuse,
Never to give…

This isn’t how I was…
But my heart is gone…and nothing else can fill the void…

No comments:

Post a Comment