Monday, June 9, 2008

They Will Come

I look for a place where I can be me,
Searching for somewhere I can fit in,
Looking for a place where I can be free,
Trying to make my life begin,
I hope for a place I can call home,
Somewhere I won’t be an outsider,
I seek a place where I won’t be alone,
A place that includes the beauty of her…

I know it’s here…
I know it’s somewhere…
I feel it near…
I know she’ll be there…

I don’t care where it is,
A beach, a forest, a slum,
I just want to find it,
And find my freedom,
Maybe it exists only in my dreams,
Either way, it’s paradise,
Nothing is ever as it seems,
If she’s there, I won’t have to think twice…

I know it’s real…
I’m one of its kind…
On its surface, I will kneel…
On its surface, true love I’ll find…

I can see it in my mind’s eye,
The hallowed grounds of inner self,
There for hours I will lie,
As many as ten, eleven or twelve,
Still I search for its gates,
Hoping to find eternal peace,
It will all come down to fate,
No matter what, my efforts won’t cease…

I’ll find it someday,
Along with true love,
I’ll scope every shore and bay,
Hoping my efforts will be enough…

Hoping they will lead me to love and freedom…
They will come one day, they will come…

No comments:

Post a Comment