Friday, June 6, 2008

Wait for the Change

There she is,
Standing in front of me,
So close, yet so far,
The invisible wall of the past
Prevents any approach
More forward than a simple hello…

When with her,
My smile becomes genuine
For the first time since before Christmas,
My heart is finally beating again,
Old worries disappear
Whenever she comes near…

Yet I can’t follow my feelings up,
Because the past remains the past,
He, despite electing to return
To the bickering he despised for so long,
Remains obsessively jealous,
I know he constantly watches her…

Waiting for a sign of her moving on,
If she were to move onto me,
He would feel betrayed like never before,
He has no right to feel this way,
Not after the way he callously moved on from her,
But he is such a switchy so-and-so…

One minute he wants his so called ‘love’…
Next minute he wants fling-after-fling…
Now comes the wait for the change…

No comments:

Post a Comment