Monday, July 21, 2008

Constant Reminders

Out on the dance floor,
Up at the bar,
Out on the packed streets,
Everywhere I turn I see couples
Doing the things we never got the chance to do,
I’m constantly reminded of what I can’t have,
I see passionate kissing everywhere,
I see hands clasped together everywhere,
I see people losing each other in the other’s eyes everywhere,
I see all the ups,
I see all the downs,
And all the while I think to myself,
We never got the chance to be truly up or down,
We started in a blaze,
It was extinguished as suddenly as it started
By circumstances unavoidable,
Now there’s just this emptiness,
A void where you should be,
I need to stop staring into that empty space,
But I can’t bring myself to,
Nor can I bring myself to try and fill it with something else,
As the loss I’ve experienced is still too fresh in the memory…

No comments:

Post a Comment