Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Deja Vu

Trying to read her mind
Is like trying to find a needle
In a haystack,
I wish so much to find it
But I fear the severity of its prick,
I fear it will lead to heartbreak…

The feeling in my stomach has changed,
Where butterflies once flew
A sick feeling now rests,
It knows what is about to happen,
Now my heart and mind
Need to brace themselves for the harsh reality…

I’ve been here before,
I can see the signs,
The situation is completely different
Yet startling similar,
We should have had longer than we did,
Where have I said that before?

I feel an impending sense of deja vu…

Time is fickle,
It stops and goes back for no one,
I wish I could turn the clock back
And make more of the brief time we had,
I just wish I could hold you one more time
And for that time to last an eternity…

We’ve been through the rain and the sun,
The elements couldn’t stop us,
Other complications are what stand in our way now,
They are slowly but surely squeezing
The happiness and trust from our relationship,
If it could even be called a relationship…

All of this has happened before,
The compression of things irrelevant
Has forced a premature end to another bond before,
Suffocating is the way to describe it,
Slowly but surely all air is blocked from our lungs,
Forcing us to cut our losses and part ways…

I feel an impending sense of deja vu…

No comments:

Post a Comment