Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Lying Down

Lying on my bed,
Wondering where the next blow is coming from,
Uncertainty of the future,
And uncertainty inside,
Combine and destroy my conscience
And my mind…

Sleep is not the place it once was,
It used to be a haven,
A place of safety,
Now it’s filled with the chaos of my life,
There is no order,
Insanity is rife…

Now I sleep with my eyes open,
Constantly turning things over in my head,
Right side up or upside down,
Either way, nothing makes sense,
The mere thought of everything gone wrong
Makes my muscles tense…

Rectifying my problems
Seems like something so simple,
Like walking around the corner,
But the world has risen up
And blocked all paths forward,
All ways are shut…

Now I’m faced with two choices…
Either I dig deep and find some resolve…
Or I go to the place with no noises…

No comments:

Post a Comment