Sunday, July 6, 2008

Pursuit

Now that he's free of his weathered ball and chain,
He'll return to the pursuit of his shining brief flame,
Now that he's avoided inevitable destruction,
He'll continue his cross-boundary bridge construction,
His realisation was important for himself,
Yet, in turn, it could put me back on the shelf,
If he returns to his brief flame,
Where would that leave me in this love game?

In recent times, I've been overcome with desire
To feel the heat of his brief flame's fire,
I thought his commitments elsewhere
Would allow me to turn a dream into a dare,
Now that he's free from the one he loves to hate
It re-opens the cross-boundary bridge's gate,
Which allows him and his brief flame to revive
Something that looked like it would never survive...

Suddenly I've been dragged into an odd triangle,
One in which all our feelings become tangled,
Someone will walk out of it broken hearted,
And I think I'm the most likely to be the departed,
As they've shared something I haven't been able to share with her,
And it doesn't look like I'll be sharing it any time in the near future,
Which is why I should leave this triangle of heartbreak while in one piece,
Before the inevitable happens and my heart ceases to beat...

His pursuit of his brief flame will end with a kiss...
My pursuit of his brief flame was never going to end like his...

No comments:

Post a Comment