Monday, July 7, 2008

Right or Wrong

I was just kept onside,
Before being thrown aside,
As soon as she rose through my list of friends,
She decided to bring our courting to an end,
As soon as she burrowed through my heart of glass,
She left again via a hidden overpass,
One that led her to my newly reformed soul,
That took an age to once again make whole,
Upon seeing it, she exposed its weakness
And exploited it with seemingly sincere sweetness,
The blackness oozes from it again,
My mind begins to crawl back into its den…

A tear of fire runs down my cheek,
She looked at me, unable to speak,
She realised how angry I was,
She should never have broken our unwritten clause,
In her, I place all my trust,
She betrayed it and turned it to dust,
Moving onwards and upwards is the name of the game,
But these set backs mean I’ll never be the same,
Being used is a horrible feeling,
It’s like speaking without your lips moving,
Taking away my control is blatant betrayal,
Now, our friendship is one that has long set sail…

My reading of you was completely wrong…
This realisation echoes in my chest like a gong…
The anger subsides, replaced by desperation…
Right or wrong, I remain forever in isolation…

No comments:

Post a Comment