Monday, August 25, 2008

Shooting Star

Lying on my back, trying to sleep,
Faced with the stars above,
Unable to sleep, I gaze at them,
Despite the stormy weather
I can see them as clear as day,
Suddenly, I see a shooting star…

Now I have to make a wish…
Two possible wishes come to mind…

I could wish for everything
To go back to how it was before,
I could wish for us
To fall happily back into each others arms again,
I want us to be together again,
I want to feel your kiss again…

But I know this is selfish…
So the alternative wish is…

That I find the strength
To finally move away from the past,
That I find the courage
To finally let you go forever,
I want to be able to move on,
I want to be able to find another…

But I’m afraid of losing something far too important…
Both wishes are as flawed as each other…

Another wish comes to mind,
A new wish that’s better for us both,
I wish for you to find someone
Who can give you the time I couldn’t,
I wish for you to find someone who’ll make your heart sing,
I just wish for you to be happy…

If it ends up being me who does this, all the better…
If not, I’ll just be happy to see your smile as a friend…

This is the wish I made upon that shooting star…

No comments:

Post a Comment