Thursday, August 14, 2008

Tears of a Dying Ember

Head is filled by my worst fear,
I switch my bedroom light on,
It flickers and dies instantly,
A symbol of something dying in my chest,
A symbol of something dying in my life…

I don’t want it to be over,
I don’t want to walk away,
Yet her cold stare and icy silence
Tell me our flame has frozen over,
It melts and forms a tear…

It rolls down my face…

More and more follow it,
A constant stream runs down my cheeks,
Each one has a tinge of red at its core,
The dying embers of our once blazing fire,
I’m trying to cry the feelings away…

Every time I end up with someone
It ends because of outside complications,
Karma is coming to return the pain I delivered before,
I know it’s deserved and now I brace myself
By crying away something I still hold to be beautiful…

Attempting to numb the pain only doubles it…

No comments:

Post a Comment