Sunday, August 31, 2008

Two Painfully Contrasting Halves That Make a Painfully Coherent Whole

I dreamt of her last night,
Again,
It was a dream split in two halves,
Each completely contrasting,
Both equally heartbreaking,
The first half
She spent flirting with a friend
Whom she has never met
In front of friends she has never seen,
He and her run off together and disappear,
It hurts so much thinking of what they were doing…

The second half,
We’re sitting on a bus to my house,
She’s on my lap,
I have my hands around her waist,
She turns around to face me,
We kiss,
And we kiss,
Ecstasy washes over me,
I finally have what I thought I couldn’t again,
I never want to wake up,
Then…

I wake up…
And thinking of the two different halves of my dream…
Only brings a feeling of sadness and desperation…
Even though the second half relived something so special…

No comments:

Post a Comment