Saturday, September 20, 2008

Cliff of Moments

Standing on the cliff’s edge,
Looking down at the crashing blue moment to come,
When all of life’s previous moments
Flow freely through my now clear mind…

The moment I was finally given a chance,
The moment I felt taller than the Empire State,
The moment I felt my heartstrings tug,
The moment the colossus suddenly fell,
The moment I learned to let go,
The moment I left my shell,
The moment friendships were formed,
The moment I was accepted,
The moment I finally realised,
The moments I gave my heart away,
The moments it was thrown back in my face,
The moment I paid attention to everything around me,
The moment I listened to the cracking inside,
The moment all care disappeared,
The moment I decided to walk away, but couldn't move my feet,
The moment it all seemed to come together,
The moment I realised it had all fallen apart…

Which leads me to this current moment,
Standing on the cliff’s edge,
Arms outstretched,
Ready to succumb to the hurricane-strength breeze at my back…

Suddenly I’m thrown…

And I’m falling
Toward my final moment,
Toward the cold clarity of the deep blue sea,
It swallows me whole…

And I realise that everyone follows this well worn path…
Now the freezing blue makes way for the deathly black…

No comments:

Post a Comment