Thursday, September 25, 2008

(Only in My) Dreams

Dream one,
We spend the entire day together,
Here, at my house,
We don’t kiss, but hold hands,
Enjoying the pleasure of each others’ company,
Then, it’s time to go,
We walk through the shopping centre,
Hands still held,
We exit through the entrance,
As the bus flies toward the stop,
Before I knew what was happening,
You were gone and headed for the bus,
I chase, but my legs are so heavy,
I may as well be running in retrograde,
It starts raining as the bus pulls away,
She must have heard the screams as I broke down
Somewhere between anger and tears,
At least I had the chance to…

Only in my most vivid of dreams…

Dream two,
I am working into the early hours,
A thought strikes me as I finish,
Wouldn’t it be wonderful if she just turned up now?
I smile to myself at the farce of the dream,
I struggle upstairs, open my bedroom door,
And there she is,
Wearing a creamy silk nightdress,
Smiling in all her glory,
She practically jumps on me,
We lie there and kiss for hours,
We caress while talking about the time we lost,
I even tell her about how I wished for her to appear,
She laughs,
We go to town for the rest of the day
And enjoy the day and each other,
The happiness in the air is just indescribable,
At least it had the chance to be…

Only in my most vivid of dreams…

No comments:

Post a Comment