Saturday, November 29, 2008

Jazz Club

At the bar,
The jazz belting,
Staring at another empty glass,
Barmaid asks me,
The doubt ringing,
Staring into my bloodshot eyes,
One more please,
The request hanging,
Unwillingly, she pulls the pint,
Head in hands,
The thoughts compounding,
Drinking away my sorrows,
Barmaid’s cold hands,
The nerves showing,
Shaking voice asks me to stop,
Look of indignation,
The anger bubbling,
Screaming is just held in check,
A polite response,
The insincerity wreaking,
Cracking voice gives me away,
A decisive action,
The drink spilling,
Pouring it away in front of me,
Mind’s breaking point,
The frustration boiling,
Exploding on this innocent person,
Barmaid breaks down,
The tears falling,
Running out of the lounge,
A shocked silence,
The disgust spreading,
Infecting the bystanders watching,
Hands grab me,
The sensation of flying,
Throwing me out the door…

The silence still ringing…
As my night is no more…

No comments:

Post a Comment