Friday, January 16, 2009

I Hope This Never Ends

Walking on clouds,
Home of the rising sun,
Moments past and present flicker in memory,
What’s to come hovers alongside;
A blanket laid out beneath us,
Glowing orange and red
(Matching the beating inside)
As I imagine yells that never existed,
‘Please come back home’;
Swirling turrets of my new found peace
Wisp and break at the slightest of touches,
The creaking of the past trying to invade
Disturbs thoughts and dreams otherwise futile;
And I close my eyes in false pretence,
Wishing for a sleep that will never come,
And I see my desires carved inside my eyelids,
The reality so harsh, yet so far away;
Underneath the layers of snow white mass
Rests the surface tension of the sea,
Where the truth lurks, waiting to strike;
And the clouds begin to part,
Revealing my destiny to all witnesses,
So I keep my eyes closed,
Reliving again and again a fantasy which defies reality,
And even as I fall to fate,
I hope this never ends…

And even as I crash into the sea…
I hope this never ends…


(written in Milan)

No comments:

Post a Comment