Thursday, February 5, 2009

Rule the World

Night swallows the misapprehensions of the day,
Monotony looms on either side,
With me the only shining light…

The drawn curtains stare down at the abyss,
Circling around the flickering glow,
I brighten the depths of the once bottomless pit…

Clarity of shadows reigns above,
The silence of everything else shrinks into the sky,
As the sound of my voice breaking rises…

Then the stars burst into life,
Beside a full moon laughing at the lives of mortals,
While also being a friend for the lonely to talk to…

Solidarity brings a strange significance,
Walking turns to running and then becomes skipping,
As things newly formed soak up the wet pavement…

Street lamps glow to show the way,
Destiny’s course is held as the winds stop,
Time ticks in this new present and I wonder…

Is this what it feels like to rule the world?


(I was listening to Viva la Vida by Coldplay a lot around this time)

No comments:

Post a Comment