Monday, April 20, 2009

Swinging

The beat of the music courses through the bodies of everyone,
The floor shakes at the stamping of feet and clapping of hands,
Limbs, out of control, swing and fling,
Torsos move in time with the rhythm,
Interpretations of lyrics and out of tune voices,
Spilled pints and smashed glasses,
Make up the actions of this place’s occupants;
Grinding with women out of my grasp,
Sweat dripping from my fringe to my nose,
Warm breath brushing against my neck as the music escalates,
Breathing gets heavier as the dancing becomes quicker,
Soon, everything is seen in flashes, still images,
Ten blinks per second seem like one hundred,
The faces of the women change from blue to pink,
From red to green, depending on the strobe lights,
And I can no longer dictate what I am doing,
Swinging wildly with the music, eyes practically closed,
Thoughts racing with the temptations of man,
The lights switch off and I am aware of how wet I am.

And I am beyond saving.

No comments:

Post a Comment