Thursday, May 28, 2009

Every Time I Close My Eyes

Every time I close my eyes,
Your face appears to me,
In real time we cannot have one another,
But in here, we can be.

When my eyes shut so tight,
We dance in fields and kiss in the rain,
When my eyes open again,
They avoid acknowledging the denied pain.

Daydreaming is a refuge now,
Living in a place where our hands clasp,
You have no clue of this desire of mine,
And no wish to have it in your grasp.

In my dreams I live in the West,
Where the sun sets last and where you live,
We would watch its setting every dusk without fail,
Nothing to you would I not give.

In my mind, you save me from the now,
Take me away from battles I cannot win,
When I return to reality I weaken again,
Committing sin after sin after soulless sin.

If I could, I would build a concrete path,
From my door to yours, as the bird flies,
Then we could be together whenever,
Even if the walk brings broken wills and anguished cries.

Now these are my feelings,
This is what I would like to do,
Take you away from the grime and the smoke,
To a place of peace, just me and you.

Alas, I live behind my shut eyelids,
A place where I have exactly what I need,
Your warmth and love all to myself,
Without any present complications to heed.

And every time I close my eyes,
I see moments when we were on our own,
And every time I open them again,
I realise sadly that I am all alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment