Sunday, May 3, 2009

Then and Then, Now and Now

Off I wander, down memory lane,
Sun playing off window panes,
Thinking and reminiscing of us two kissing,
While the lake’s surface glimmers invitingly,
Tranquillity in the surrounding countryside,
Contrasts completely with the storm inside,
A lone swan sails elegantly by,
Gazing far and wide, catching my eye…

Leafless trees, robbed during Winter’s freeze,
Show signs of re-birth, swaying in the breeze,
Mind’s skies are dark, with pangs of lightning,
Present skies are clear, clouds dividing,
Roof’s pebbles provoke memories of a time without a plan,
Of days spent by the now dead river with a now dead man,
And the quiet of loneliness allows common sense to prevail,
And the friends around guide me toward a path without fail…

Then and then, I walked innocent minded,
Now and now, I walk innocence subsided,
And I see the sky up so high,
And break down at the end’s nigh,
As soon as reality sets in and sums it all up,
A realisation hits that the world is corrupt,
No longer mine to toy with and tame,
No longer simply an oversized game…

They have taken the board away.

No comments:

Post a Comment