Monday, June 1, 2009

Nothing

All around
- feelings fly toward the empty sky.
No sound
- except for voices whispering undying love for one another.
Unfound
- all this remains for I alone atop my mountain.
Breaking mound
- avalanching down as they take cover.

Secret shames
- they bind me to my initially enforced isolation.
Horrid games
- they haunt my dreams both night and day.
Friendly names
- they believe my front and think me better.
Futile aims
- they fail like always, leaving only one more way.

Weather turns
- lashing down as my home crumbles beneath my feet.
It all burns
- as they all look back and yell at me to flee.
Stomach churns
- seeing the end of something so unspectacular.
No concerns
- knowing this is the one chance we have of being free.

Only I
- lying broken amidst the glass and debris.
Unable to cry
- no change to what has gone before.
Here to die
- as they all look to me to fight my solitary wish.
Goodbye lies
- shutting behind me life’s exit door.

Something
- the gift I received from a man I never met.
Nothing
- what I did with the gift I had no choice but to accept.

No comments:

Post a Comment